PLAYERS TASKS PRAXIS TEAMS EVENTS
Username:Password:
New player? Sign Up Here
Biome
era group score: 14271
total group score: 55698
total players: 71

Tasks / Sound Portrait

Create an audio file which sounds like you, without speaking.

For groups of people, an audio collaboration is encouraged.

1 to 25 players
15 points
Level 1
In the zone of: Biome
Created by Tøm

Terms: audio, body, sound, yourself, you, caricature, identity, self, odincoursework

29 completed :: 33 in progress
Interested in collaborating on this: (no one yet!)


Comments


(no subject)
posted by GYØ Ben on August 2nd, 2008 10:22 AM

This is quite ambiguous. I like it.

(no subject)
posted by teucer on August 7th, 2008 9:33 PM

Huh. I just saw this task now and realized... I have to do it.

Properly capturing the timbre of a specific voice will be nearly impossible, but if I work hard enough I may be able to nail down the somewhat strange vowel sounds that make my voice particularly unique.

(no subject)
posted by Jellybean of Thark on August 7th, 2008 9:42 PM

I'd love to see your completion, sir.

(no subject)
posted by Tøm on August 8th, 2008 1:25 AM

I second that.

(no subject)
posted by teucer on August 8th, 2008 4:36 AM

I give myself 5% odds of producing a total shplank, 15% odds of something that's merely pretty OK, and 80% odds of failing to produce anything at all due to going for the first option and having it not work.

(no subject)
posted by teucer on January 28th, 2009 10:19 AM

Oh, hey, it got approved. Time to start studying that recording of me reading the grandfather passage.

(no subject)
posted by saille is planting praxis on January 29th, 2009 2:35 PM

OOOOOH. i am looking forward to a very wide variety of praxis coming out of this one....

(no subject)
posted by Hey-Look-It's Caleb! on March 1st, 2009 9:31 PM

I have an excellent idea for this one, but I need the help of someone. Specifically, someone female. (There's a good reason for this, don't worry).

Location is not a problem, as long as you have a computer (and possibly a microphone, but that's not necessary as much).

anyone?

(no subject)
posted by Blue on March 9th, 2009 2:01 PM

An anamanaportrait!?

(no subject)
posted by Flea on March 17th, 2009 9:28 AM

Looking for collaborators interested in doing this task backwards.

PM me for more details.

(no subject)
posted by Tøm on March 17th, 2009 10:16 AM

Flea collaboration?

Always interested.

(no subject)
posted by Flea on March 17th, 2009 3:07 PM

Also, this task title is missing an R.

Just sayin' is all.

EDIT: OK, it's not anymore...

Question...
posted by Remy The Living on July 20th, 2010 9:44 AM

Can I write a song about SOMEONE ELSE? (eg: you know... no one special)

Interesting idea
posted by Developer Pixie on July 20th, 2010 2:24 PM

Maybe but do it additionally with the task at hand.

Or take a chance and try it

adding on...
posted by Remy The Living on July 21st, 2010 10:00 AM

what about feelings towards said person?

(no subject) +1
posted by Lincøln on July 21st, 2010 10:08 AM

I think doing the recording about somebody else has you walking on eggshells to begin with. Either it needs to be really awesome in order for me to find it acceptable or you could just Level Zerø this new task I created just so you can do this how you want.


Praxis

view all images for: Sound Portrait

highscore
Sound Portrait by heather galaxy July 29th, 2010 9:02 PM

So I had just been broken up with earlier in the week and my lovely friend Zach said "we should hang out!" He was like, "what do you want to do?" And I sent him to the SF0 page, and of course, he being an electronic music artist as soft pieces, we na...

15 + 112 points :: 8 comments :: 25 votes
Sound Portrait by Picø ҉ ØwO April 1st, 2010 3:40 PM

I very nearly tried to make a sound collage of non-speech noises that sounded like the word "you" repeated over and over, but decided that would probably not end up as awesome as it sounded in my head. I still decided that I shouldn't use any word...

15 + 100 points :: 10 comments :: 20 votes
Sound Portrait by gh◌st ᵰⱥ₥ing January 25th, 2010 10:00 AM

This is how I sound in my head, early day to late day...

15 + 70 points :: 4 comments :: 14 votes
Sound Portrait by Markov Walker July 25th, 2010 12:09 PM

Some time ago I managed to learn how to transform into a cat. It's a trick I find particularly useful for performing tasks like these. Now I noticed that my cat voice is quite powerful. Much more powerful than the adorably squeaky voice of my pet ca...

15 + 55 points :: 1 comment :: 11 votes
Sound Portrait by Kate Saturday August 16th, 2010 12:19 AM

This is what i sound like at 11:30 at night when i've been getting good work done and feeling like a generally worthwhile human being.

15 + 49 points :: 5 comments :: 12 votes
Sound Portrait by Bear Farmer August 4th, 2010 11:46 PM

For this task, I used a program called RGB MusicLab. I had heard of it awhile back but never messed with it, and it turns out that it is a pretty nifty application. You feed it a picture, which it pixelates and creates a mosaic out of. It then rea...

15 + 34 points :: 2 comments :: 9 votes
Sound Portrait by Developer Pixie March 3rd, 2010 9:11 AM

This has 2 parts and many tries. For starters, i don't always understand how people perceive me, so coming up with some thing that sounds like me was difucult (seeing as i don't know how that is.) I have a personal bias of liking some of my "bad" tr...

15 + 30 points :: 3 comments :: 6 votes
Sound Portrait by Supine ⠮⡽⣪Rocket November 25th, 2012 9:20 AM

To my mind, there is no greater gift in life than a beautiful singing voice. Alas, I was given only a passable voice. Thus, in the pursuit of musical beauty, I have always relied on the use of musical instruments instead, as I will for this task. ...

15 + 20 points :: 4 comments :: 4 votes
Sound Portrait by Robert Warren May 14th, 2012 8:30 PM

"speak - verb \ˈspēk\ intransitive verb 1 a : to utter words or articulate sounds with the ordinary voice : talk b (1) : to express thoughts, opinions, or feelings orally (2) : to extend a greeting (3) : to be friendly enough to engage in conve...

15 + 20 points :: 2 comments :: 4 votes
Sound Portrait by Palindromedary September 18th, 2009 2:10 AM

Did I mention that I'm a Cacophonist?

15 + 20 points :: 4 comments :: 6 votes
1 2 3 Next >>