In the pants craziness of FAWM, I figured I'd build a set of tracks that fit the inside of my head, each based on a mandala I'd created in the past year. Over the course of building the album, I aimed to have a track that resembled what takes place inside my head as much as possible, or... *shrugs* Y'know how artists occasionally over-think stuff? Yeah, that's me on hour 30 of about 50 straight trying to build this thing.
The process went like this:
- Paint mandala. Already done.
- Directly extract data from PSD as stereo audio .wav
- Normalize .wav
- Save that .wav as the Static component
- Convert that to .midi
- Load midi to soft-synth and grind it around until happy
- Save that .wav as the Syn component.
- Mix Static and Syn into Flux component
- Sixteen mandalas
- 54 hours awake straight
- Sixteen terminal tracks (Flux component), and 32 non-terminal tracks (Static and Syn components)
- Album on Bandcamp as the easiest place to share, as I'm too cheap to pay for Spotify
- Track six is the specific, "This is the inside of my head," Piece.